Join the Fulfillment Fund community of mentors!
Each year the Fulfillment Fund Mentor Program shapes the lives of hundreds of young people. While there are many opportunities to volunteer with our organization, mentoring provides a direct avenue to create a meaningful impact by making a nominal investment of time. Our Mentor Program provides the necessary structure for success in a mentor/mentee relationship; staff support, extensive training and amazing volunteers all play a role in our success.
Steps to becoming a Fulfillment Fund mentor:
- Complete our application
- Meet with a Fulfillment Fund staff member for an interview
- Attend our initial mentor training session, held one Saturday each month
- Complete the criminal background check and screening process
Fulfillment Fund Mentor Checklist:
- Minimum of 24 years of age
- Able to commit to meeting with their student once per month on their own schedule
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Interested in helping a student achieve higher education
- Open to learning more about themselves through the mentoring program
Within two weeks of attending an initial training and completing the background check, we will contact you with a profile of a student that our staff has selected as a match for you. We will then coordinate a matching meeting at the student’s home for you, the student and his or her parent or guardian. The matching process is facilitated by your Mentor Program Advisor (MPA) who will serve as your case manager for the duration of your mentoring relationship.