The Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Communications Manager, and regularly works with stakeholders across the organization, to help raise awareness of the Fulfillment Fund through print, digital and multimedia projects. We are seeking a creative self-starter who is eager to grow their communication and marketing skills, and who has an interest in joining an organization that encourages collaboration, participation and creativity.
If you enjoy working with people, telling meaningful stories, designing powerful graphics, working on multiple projects at a time, using social media as a tool to increase supporters, and finding new ways to reach various audiences through communications, you may be a great candidate for this entry-level role.
Duties and Responsibilities (Other Duties Assigned as Needed):
- Assist with the management and content curation of Fulfillment Fund’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Assist with the writing, design, editing and proofreading of Fulfillment Fund communications, including but not limited to: newsletters, correspondence, event materials, speeches, brochures, banners, signs, website content, and other marketing materials as needed.
- Assist with finding and gathering stories that highlight the Fulfillment Fund’s impact; conduct interviews with students, donors, volunteers and more.
- Assist with graphic design projects, including print or digital projects such as: social media posts, infographics, flyers, invitations, and event programs.
- Assist with coordinating photoshoots for Fulfillment Fund communications.
- Assist with conceptualizing, creating and editing videos for marketing purposes.
- Assist with coordination of vendors including but not limited to: printers, graphic designers, mail houses, photographers, video camera crews, video editors, and video duplication.
- Maintain inventory of photos, videos, press clippings, press kits, office letterhead and other associated materials.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum one year of experience with writing, editing, marketing, publications, social media management, graphic design, and photography. Experience from college courses can be applied.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and collaborative skills; organized, detailed, adaptable and personable.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under deadlines while prioritizing and scheduling work assignments simultaneously; outstanding organizational and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of photography and photo basics; prior use of DSLR cameras is a plus.
- Knowledge of video production and editing is a significant plus.
- Knowledge of website management is a significant plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Interest in education and college-access.
- Available to work evening and Saturday events as needed.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or public relations is preferred. Experience in nonprofit or education-focused working environments is a plus, but not required.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Must have a current California Driver’s License and current automobile insurance coverage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid outside conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.