At the Fulfillment Fund, we aim to help transform the lives of students, beginning in high school and extending to college graduation. Here are some of the ways we help to make college a reality for students.
We provide classroom instruction and individual advisement to students attending our partner high schools, beginning in grade 9, about how to prepare for college.
• During the 2012-13 academic year, Fulfillment Fund staff delivered 591 classroom lessons.
College and Financial Aid Counseling
Fulfillment Fund college counselors create a personalized education plan for each Fulfillment Fund student, including a list of potential colleges and universities. They also support students in the process of writing essays and completing college applications, negotiating financial aid, and ultimately choosing a college to attend.
• During the 2012-13 academic year, Fulfillment Fund staff conducted 2,232 one-on-one college and financial aid counseling sessions.
The Fulfillment Fund matches individual students with a caring, committed adult volunteer who personally helps support the student on their path to high school graduation and a successful transition to college. Learn more about our mentor program.
• During the 2012-13 academic year, 271 trained volunteer mentors provided more than 13,000 hours of one-on-one guidance to individual students.
We aim to provide financial support to Fulfillment Fund students who meet rigorous academic and need-based criteria for multiple years as they pursue a college degree. We also provide ongoing advisement and referrals to internships to our scholarship recipients throughout college.
• During the 2012-13 academic year, the Fulfillment Fund dispersed $371,250 in direct scholarships and stipends, and Fulfillment Fund staff negotiated an additional $3.8 million in financial aid for students.
We provide a variety of other hands-on learning opportunities to our students.
• Destination College, as well as day and overnight college visits
• Step Into Success
• Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) program
• High school leadership programs
• Community service
• Alumni program