At the Fulfillment Fund, we aim to help transform the lives of students, beginning in high school and extending to college graduation. Here are some of the ways we help to make college a reality for students.
We provide classroom instruction and individual advisement to students beginning in grade 9 attending our partner high schools about how to prepare for college.
• During the 2014-15 academic year, Fulfillment Fund staff delivered 168 classroom lessons.
College and Financial Aid Counseling
Fulfillment Fund college counselors create a personalized education plan for each Fulfillment Fund student, including a list of potential colleges and universities. They also support students in the process of writing essays and completing college applications, negotiating financial aid, and ultimately choosing a college to attend.
• During the 2014-15 academic year, Fulfillment Fund staff conducted 3,425 one-on-one college and financial aid counseling sessions.
The Fulfillment Fund matches individual students with a caring, committed adult volunteer who personally helps support the student on their path to high school graduation and a successful transition to college. Learn more about our Mentor Program.
• During the 2014-15 academic year, served 346 students and trained 99 volunteer mentors.
We aim to provide financial support to Fulfillment Fund students who meet rigorous academic and need-based criteria for multiple years as they pursue a college degree. We also provide ongoing advisement and referrals to internships to our scholarship recipients throughout college.
• During the 2014-15 academic year, the Fulfillment Fund dispersed $485,825 in direct scholarships and stipends, and Fulfillment Fund staff negotiated a total of $2.4 million in financial aid for new college students.
We provide a variety of other hands-on learning opportunities to our students.
• Destination College, as well as day and overnight college visits
• Fulfillment Fund University
• Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) program
• Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math (STEAM) program
• High school leadership programs
• Community service
• Alumni program